Monday, June 9, 2008

We're Here

Four years ago today Caleb and I left Omo together after Caleb spent 6
months volunteering and I came to visit him for 6 weeks before we got
married. Four years...God is faithful.

Our trip went relatively smoothly--despite Caleb having an all-night
vomiting session the night before we left, and despite learning for the
first time that Elsa gets carsick. Elsa and Ezra did GREAT. (No small thanks
to portable DVD players!) We ask a lot of our kids and they've demonstrated
again and again their resiliency and flexibility.

I don't think I could adequtely put into words what it was like to pull up
under the big fig tree across the river from Dick and Donna's place and our
new home. I think all I can say is that we're here. And God is faithful.
And we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment