Friday, September 11, 2009

14 Diapers

That's how many diapers I have left for Ezra. And 49 nights left until we go
back to town.

So I'm trying all I can to get him nighttime potty-trained. He does pretty
well sometimes, but not lately. Being as warm as it is here during the day
and most nights, both kids have always taken a water bottle to bed. Of
course, chugging a full water bottle all night long doesn't really help the
potty situation. Starting last week, I've tried to requisition Ezra's water
bottle. It isn't working out too well. He's goes to bed fine without it, but
every night since I took it away, he comes into my room about 11:30, wanting
his water bottle. So then I have a battle-between knowing I am two weeks
away from no diapers, and wanting to fall back into bed. Usually, he gets
his water bottle, and I get to go back to bed. Last night as I walked out of
his room, a quiet little voice came from the dark corner of his bed: "Mama,
thanks for cold water." Somehow the sweetness makes everything okay at 12
am.

Little does he know that soon he'll be going to bed in plastic bags stuffed
with toilet paper.

1 comment: