Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Blog is Mine

I've felt for awhile like I need to re-work the blog. I really enjoy writing this, about whatever pops into my head, about the nothing-ness and everything-ness that makes up my life as a mom and missionary. I like the times I sit driving in the car or lay in bed and write blog posts in my head (most of which never make it to 'publish post'). It makes me feel, oh I don't know, connected. Like I belong to something a little larger than my own living room.

I started this blog to mainly let family and friends get a glimpse of what life is like for us living in Ethiopia. When we were raising support three years ago, numerous people and churches asked us if we had a blog and I would share this site. Since then, it's kind of made me feel strange about what I write...what people expect to read on a 'missionary' (who, me?) blog. I'm sure much of what I write ISN'T what people expect. And I guess I've decided to let that be okay. I've decided to reclaim this blog--for myself. For my experience as a mother who lives overseas, to write with honesty and with no guilt and to just...write.

So. Please read. If you want to. If you want to just see a little through my eyes. If you don't mind stories about my kids and the things they say and do that probably is only really entertaining to me and to their grandmas. If you don't mind me going on a writing binge and flooding the blog and then disappearing for weeks at a time. If you can put up with all of that, then please, read on.

1 comment:

  1. oh we will read on Joanna. You're a captivating writer and dreamer.
    -Amy LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete