Friday, April 16, 2010

"But Mama, We Always Go!"

"Mama, we always take so many trips and trips and trips and trips!"

That about sums up our life at the moment. We're currently in Kansas, enroute to Iowa, coming from Atlanta. I think that Daisy, at 9 weeks, has seen more states than some people see in their entire lives. (Does it count if she sleeps through the state?)

Our kids are excellent.  Maybe this is why?
DVD players very well may be straight from heaven.

But it is wearing, for sure. For example, Elsa is throwing a fit right now as Caleb puts her to bed. Meltdowns are inevitable. But this is the third bed in which she has slept in as many nights. Anyways. Focus on the positives. And the positives are many. We've gotten to spend many sweet nights with friends we haven't seen in ages and family we love. The occasional (or not so occasional, depending on the day) meltdown is worth it.

So here we go. We are headed up to Iowa for the next two weekends to share in some churches, then we'll head back down to Atlanta for a week before the kids and I fly up to Washington on May 5. Caleb will join us near the end of May and then we'll all head back to Ethiopia June 16th. Elsa, apparently, is ready to go home. She told me tonight, after saying what she said about all the trips, "I just want to go back to Omo where we can stay." Okay, baby. Soon.


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thanks for coming the Bethel Church in Sheldon, IA. I really enjoyed you guys coming and sharing with us everything going on in Ethiopia. It really inspired me, I am about to be a Jr. in college and I have been thinking about missions. Hope I can get your email and ask you some more questions. If you could email me at bryanmlangfitt@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it! Hope your family enjoys your time here in the States, God bless!

    ReplyDelete