Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Countdown

Officially...5 days. Unofficially...an eternity and a moment all in one. It is hard to believe that we are actually at this point. It's coming fast and at the same time, it feels like it will never come at all. We've spent such a long time planning for this moment that in some ways it never felt like it would really happen. But happening it is! We are in our last week here in America. At the moment we are in Atlanta. We've spent the last two weeks in Tennessee and North Carolina, spening the holidays with some of Caleb's family. We were so pampered and loved on and didn't have to worry about a thing while we were at Caleb's aunt and uncle's house, it was such a great reprieve from some of the stress we've been feeling.
As I sit here and write, Caleb is stuffing an army-green duffle full of who knows what--books for Elsa and Ezra, cloth diapers, tank tops and shorts for the hot OMO weather, blank DVDs to be able to send back home videos of the kids to grandparents and aunties and uncles. We're down to packing the last two bags. Only those who have done it before realize the horror of those last couple bags!! We know it will all find a place and we will make it to Ethiopia...hopefully without losing our minds in the process. I think mine was dropped off somewhere between Asheville and Atlanta.
We have been low on sleep as our kids adjust to yet another move and neither Caleb nor I feel very well...pray for strength beyond measure.

5 comments:

  1. wow!! it's coming so soon!!! I hope you have a really smooth trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the last two bags! Packing is so hard. I've been praying for all of you. Emerson has been adjusting here amazingly. I'm praying the same for Elsa and Ezra. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you a lot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of you and praying for you every day...I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bo...I'm sure you have really mixed emotions as you go...I really feel for you and want you to know that you have a peice of my heart that you're taking with you. It seems like no matter how long it is between visits, you will always be my true friend! I am praying for a safe and smooth trip, happy babies, and extra airplane seats! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete