Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's Time

Today's the day we leave. It's hard to know what I'm supposed to be feeling. Right now I have to admit that all I want is to close my eyes and be there--bypassing the next 24 hours of flying from Atlanta to Frankfort to Khartoum to Addis Ababa. Pray hard! We have one very very active 21 month old and I'm not sure how she is going to survive being in confined space for such an extended period of time.
We're excited, though. How could we not be? This is what we have dreamed of for the past 3 years. Looking back on the last few years, the Lord has been so faithful to us, we know that He will continue to show his heart for us through the next few days of travel as well.
Our last three days have been so sweet. We're here in Atlanta with Tim and Leah, and Shelah and Dave. Being altogether makes it tempting to wish we weren't going anywhere! It's been so nice to be with our family again.
Our kids have demonstrated lately that they don't value sleep nearly as much as their parents do, so that has been wearing us down. For their sakes as well as ours, pray that we can all rest once we get there and adjust to the new time change.
So...this is it. We're on our way. We'll be in touch from the other side!
We love you all.

4 comments:

  1. ok, Im crying after reading this! I love you guys so much and I will certainly continue to pray for you, esp over the next few days and weeks. I can't wait to hear how the trip goes. Be careful and love on each other lots. Im going to miss you so much.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dreams are coming true! I hope that it is all you have imagined and more! God IS faithful...even in the small things like helping us with squirmy children =-) My prayers are with you...every time I think of you, which is often, I shoot one up! Love you so so much.
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'll be praying for you guys, to tell you the truth we are envious and very happy and excited for you. it was a blessing to spend 3 wks with you at MTI. i'm sure you are finding out all ready (as we have) that the training we got is vital know matter where you are.
    you're going to struggle and grow amd be blessed all at the same time. i pray our Father's Blessings an each one of you.
    Brian and Kelly Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friends! I hope that your trip went better than expected and that you are adjusting well to everything. We miss you over here - the DD is resuming on Monday thanks to your gracious gift card. We'll be praying for you and would love to get an update. I'm sure you have some great stories involving those cuties of yours! Love Ya - Becky

    ReplyDelete